Monday, February 23, 2009

My Road Thus Far III - Month 4

Month 4: Nov. 29 - Dec. 26, '08
- Now it's getting good. I had successfully made it past the 4 month mark without any setbacks, and had substantially regained leg strength, mobility, and hadn't lost my focus.
- I began running as if it were candy and I was a toddler:
--December 1, I ran 3.4 miles in 24 minutes. (treadmill)
--December 3, 3.7 miles in 27 minutes. (treadmill)
--December 5, 4 miles in 28.5 minutes. (treadmill)
--December 7, 5 miles, outside, at a slow pace (untimed).
--December 8, 4 miles in 27'42"(treadmill)
--December 9, lifted legs hard
--December 12, 5K in 20' flat
--December 13, 1 mile in 6' flat
--December 14, 1 mile, 7'
--December 15, 5k in 20'30"
--December 17, 5k in 20'32"
--December 18, 1 mile in 5'58"
--December 20, 1.5 miles in 6:40 pace
--December 22, 1 mile in 6'40"
--December 25, 1.5 miles at 6'40" pace
- I also did a lot of upper body work, focusing on pullups, pushups, dips, core, and actually did some climbing (bouldering), never doing anything too high that I felt was out of my comfort zone.
- This month was just fun. It was all potential, like those first dates you go on with a girl when you really hit it off. I usually hate running longer than a mile, so in that time from mile 1 through the third or fourth to finish was time spent imagining the season I would have, how strong I'd be, how fast I could run and cut, how high I could jump. It is all potential that far out, and for that reason alone it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment